How can we support teachers trying out new approaches?
Dr Eddy Lee, Vice-Principal, Raimondi College
1. Some teachers like to try new strategies such as concept mapping, but we have a crowded curriculum. What can we do?
2. Innovation, strategies, concept maps , inquiry, role-play… How do we choose? What kind of strategies should we use?
3. It is quite common now that school want to help students to be self-directed learners. What can we do?
5. Teachers now say they will do some classroom observations to observe each other class… Generally, how do we help teachers’ learning?
7. It’s important now for students to construct knowledge… So what are some of the things they should observe to see if knowledge construction goes?
8. You talked about learning models a few times, but these things are quite abstract for teachers, can you explain?